If you are interested in dogs, please check out my new blog One For The Dogs. I will be posting a bunch of useful information regarding all things dog! Enjoy!
Laughter is considered to be a “good medicine”, and there are even claims that laughter makes you live longer. Here are some funny pictures of Jasper, a very crazy pit bull.
Also, here is an interesting article about laughter from Counseling College’s blog:
Some facts on laughter
5. Laughter is not actually about humor. It has more to do with social bonding. It is estimated that only 20% of laughter is due to hearing something funny.
6. We typically laugh at the end of a sentence rather than part way through.
7. Humans are not the only animals to laugh. There are even videos of rats laughing in response to being tickled.
8. In groups, the person who is speaking typically laughs twice as often those who are listening.
9. Women laugh twice as often as men.
10. Laughter is related to social status. The higher your position in a group, the less often you laugh.
I saw this video and wondered how anyone could ever do this to a dog! Thankfully this poor boy was found and is recovering, but to think the dog still trusts people after what somebody did to him is incredible. Here is the link to the video: http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2012/09/29/pit-bull-recovering-after-being-dragged-by-car/
Easily managed or handled.
Readily trained or taught.
Docile is the word I have selected for today because of the inspiration of the two pit bulls that live with me. They both are easy to train, and are by far the smartest and most loyal dogs I have ever met. They are always willing to learn something new, especially if they will earn a reward. These dogs can literally be taught any skill a dog can learn.