I don’t have much old stuff, but somehow I have a 1951 Canadian penny… and I’ve never even been to Canada!
Laughter is considered to be a “good medicine”, and there are even claims that laughter makes you live longer. Here are some funny pictures of Jasper, a very crazy pit bull.
Also, here is an interesting article about laughter from Counseling College’s blog:
Some facts on laughter
5. Laughter is not actually about humor. It has more to do with social bonding. It is estimated that only 20% of laughter is due to hearing something funny.
6. We typically laugh at the end of a sentence rather than part way through.
7. Humans are not the only animals to laugh. There are even videos of rats laughing in response to being tickled.
8. In groups, the person who is speaking typically laughs twice as often those who are listening.
9. Women laugh twice as often as men.
10. Laughter is related to social status. The higher your position in a group, the less often you laugh.
Although I don’t spend much of my time reading, there are some books I enjoy. Among my favorites are The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolken, Beautiful Creatures, Beautiful Darkness, Beautiful Chaos, and Beautiful Redemption by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl, and The Twilight Saga. I am also hoping to read The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins soon. However, my all-time favorite book is definitely Dracula by Bram Stoker.
A smile can signify anything from happiness and joy to the thoughts of a sly plot seeking revenge on someone. Smiles can be real or fake, and they can often hint towards what others are thinking and how they feel. My absolute favorite type of smile, however, is the smile given out of gratitude. Many people might not realize—and might even deny—the idea of animals smiling, but I have witnessed this kind of smile thousands of times. Every morning, my dogs thank me for bringing them food by wagging their tails rapidly with a huge smile on their face. I love seeing dogs smile, especially the dogs who have been rescued from a bad situation. These are my favorite types of smiles!